- Trek to Cat Cat village and meet a Black H’Mong family
- Take a cable car to the top of Fansipan Peak
- Explore the town of Sapa during your free time
- Experience with the local ethnic people and know more about their life
Enjoy a 2-day tour from Hanoi to Sapa, visiting Cat Cat village and taking a cable car up Fansipan Peak – the Roof of Indochina.
Day 1: Hanoi – Sapa – Cat Cat village (Meals: lunch, dinner)
Depart Hanoi for Sapa early in the morning. Stop for short breaks in Phu Tho Province and Lao Cai city before arriving in Sapa town. Be greeted by a representative in Sapa and enjoy lunch with local Vietnamese dishes.
Option 1: Cat Cat village trekking Trek from hotel to to Cat Cat village, the home of the Black H’Mong people. See the Cat Cat Waterfall and the hydrofoil constructed by the French during the 19th century. Visit a local H’Mong village and learn about their culture and customs. Then, trek back to Sapa for dinner. Spend the night in a hotel in Sapa.
Option 2: Ma Tra – Ta Phin village (less tourists) Car drive you to Ma Tra – home of Black Hmong to trek with beautiful rice paddy, visit a family to understand their culture. Visit Ta Phin village – home of Red Dao ethnic people. You can see the local market before going back to Sapa town for dinner.
Day 2: Sapa – Fansipan Peak – Hanoi (Meals: breakfast, lunch)
After breakfast, transfer to the cable car station. Your driver will help you buy your cable car ticket. Then, take the 20-minute cable car ride up Fansipan by yourself. Admire the spectacular scenery, visit the pagoda, and climb the 600 steps to the peak, known as the Roof of Indochina.
Return to Sapa and have lunch at the hotel. Enjoy time to explore Sapa on your own before boarding the sleeper bus back to Hanoi.
- Round-trip sleeper bus between Hanoi and Sapa
- Double/twin room in a 3-star hotel (twin-sharing basis)
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner, and 1 breakfast
- Entrance ticket to Cat Cat village
- Trek from Sapa to Cat Cat village and back
- Local guide for Cat Cat only
- Transfer from hotel to cable car station and return
- Round-trip ticket for the cable car between Sapa and Fansipan
- Government tax , travel insurance
- Tip for your guide
Price: 2.919.000 Vnđ (125 USD)
The trip using sleeper bus, which is too big to go inside the old quarter for pick up, the customer will be at the meeting point 204 Tran Quang Khai street.
What to bring
Change of clothes
Not allowed – Pets
Know before you go
- Be sure to bring warm clothes, a scarf, and a hat as the weather in Sapa is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold from September through March. Due to the altitude, it can be foggy from December through March
- Trekking shoes, sunglasses, sun cream, and insect repellent are also recommended
- Remember to bring any needed medication with you
- You should bring cash in Vietnamese Dong because the banking system in Sapa sometimes does not function well; U.S. dollars, Euros, and Australian dollars are accepted in Sapa
- There is no guide on the 2nd day, only a driver
- The sleeper bus has berths for 1 person and separate cabins for 2 people
- The type of bus is local sleeper bus, can not be fancy like the other model bus, unless you want to upgrade to single cabin